I thought I would do a a blog post on movies and tv shows I plan to watch this year and my faves from last year. Obviously it won’t be a full list because I don’t know what some shows or movie are about based on the title, but once they are close to coming out, they’ll be publicized more.
I watched a lot more shows last year, so I haven’t seen a lot of movies that came out. I didn’t see Thor: Ragnarok yet, but I’m sure that would be on this list if I had seen it. I didn’t watch very many dramas, comedies or animated films from last year, which isn’t surprising because I prefer action/thriller/fantasy.
- Wonder Woman
- Beauty and the Beast
- Contratiempo (known as The Invisible Guest for English-speaking countries)- Spanish movie I saw on Netflix yesterday, although I watched it in 2018, it’s from last year. If you like mystery, this is a good one.
TV Shows I’m Watching
These are shows that either started last year or that I started watching last year:
- Will & Grace– I’ve been enjoying the new season, it’s one of the few revivals where it feels the same as the original run. After the 4th or 5th (maybe earlier, I can’t remember), it started going downhill, but now they have new material to work with and it’s like they never left
- Rellik– at first it was a bit confusing, but the concept is cool and had an interesting ending. I think it was more of a mini series and I doubt it will be renewed for season two.
- Young Sheldon– it’s a change from The Big Bang Theory and interesting to see Sheldon’s life when he was younger. I think I also enjoy it because Zoe Perry is the real-life daughter of Laurie Metcalf who plays Sheldon’s mom on The Big Bang Theory. I love the young actress and actor who play Missy and Sheldon.
- Manhunt: Unabomber– this was one of those crime/drama shows that’s kind of slow, but it was interesting to watch
Other shows I mentioned in a previous post → 5 Shows I’m Into Right Now
2018 Movies I Want to Watch
I’m sure there’s more that I want to watch, but these are the ones I’m excited to see:
- Avengers: Infinity War
- The Incredibles 2
- Tomb Raider
- Mission: Impossible 6
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- Ocean’s 8
- The Commuter- can’t Liam Neeson take a mode of transportation without being threatened???
UPDATE: The Commuter was pretty good! If you like mysteries on a train, Murder on the Orient Express was pretty good too!
TV Shows I Want to Watch
- The Crown– Oops, I haven’t started watching it yet
- The Good Doctor
- Big Little Lies– I know it’s rated high, but I haven’t decided if I want to watch this or not
- The Handmaid’s Tale
UPDATE: I’ve been watching The Handmaid’s Tale- it’s both interesting and terrifying to think of what could happen if a government like that took over the United States. I watched Big Little Lies- it had a very famous ensemble cast and Meryl Streep has been cast for season two, but I don’t know if I liked it that much. It’s not one I would recommend to everyone if someone asked about good shows to watch. I watched one episode of The Good Doctor so far and I think it will be interesting.
New Shows Coming Out This Year
I watched Altered Carbon and it was good- hopefully there will be a second season.
What shows and movies are you looking forward to this year?