A few years back, I started looking at closet organizer apps so I could create a digital closet to inventory my clothes. After downloading and trying a few different apps on my android phone, I decided to go with ClosetSpace. Although it may lack some features I want, it pretty much does what I wanted my closet app to have. This post is not sponsored or affiliated with the ClosetSpace App. I am just a user of the app and I enjoy using it to organize my closet and wanted to share it with you.
Remember Clueless? I think we can all agree that we wish we had Cher’s outfit organizer and her closet in general…imagine how many clothes she has if she needs that automated rack (like at the dry cleaners) to go through the clothes. When I first watched Clueless (we have it on VHS) and I saw her getting ready for school, my jaw dropped…yep, she DEFINITELY has a “way normal life for a teenage girl.” I thought, “I WANT THAT!!” Also, I want a computer to help me figure out an outfit and tell me if the clothes match or not!” In the movie, she chooses that iconic yellow plaid skirt and jacket…she’s one of the few people who can rock that yellow plaid.
Twenty years later, I found a closet organizer app for my phone!! It’s not exactly the same obviously, but you can sort your clothes by type, add pictures, add info (cost, material, size, etc.). In addition to creating an online digital closet, you can save looks from the Lookbook, follow people and add your friends from social media. I have my account set to private because I just want to use the digital closet feature, so I don’t know exactly how it works.
There’s a style stats page that tells you your top colours: apparel, footwear and accessories. Surprise, surprise: my wardrobe is mostly black. It also tells you how many times you’ve worn an outfit (if you put it in the calendar) and tells you the average price of each item (if you input a price) based on how many times you’ve worn it.
Features I Use
- Add items to your Closet
- Items are categorized depending on the Item Style you select
- Create Lists
- the lists are useful if you want to pack certain things for a trip
- Add items to a Wishlist
- Create outfits
- Tags- Choose what type of weather (sunny, cloudy, rain, snow AND hot, warm, mild, cold), occasion (school, work, dinner, night, formal, travel, etc.)
- Stats- track how many times you’ve worn an outfit
- save when you wore or plan to wear certain outfits i
- There’s a style stats page that tells you your top colours: apparel, footwear and accessories. Surprise, surprise! My wardrobe is mostly black. It also tells you how many times you’ve worn an outfit (if you put it in the calendar) and tells you the average price of each item (if you input a price) based on how many times you’ve worn it.n a calendar.
Add an item
- Add a picture (from gallery, take a photo, catalog search, facebook photos, add image later)
- There are certain details that are required to fill out before you can save the item
- Item Style (you have to choose one of their item styles- you can’t type in a new one)
- Brand (choose one of theirs or type a new one)
- Colours (can only choose 3 at the most)
- Bought At (choose one of theirs or type a new one)
- Date Bought (Choose: Today, Week Ago, Month Ago, 3 Months Ago, year Ago, Over One Year Ago)
- Bought Online?
- Optional Details
- Price Paid (on sale?), size, fabrics (choose up to 2), patterns (choose up to 2), how does it fit?
One thing I really like about ClosetSpace is that you can use the app on a desktop. You just log in to your account and you can use it on your computer. For some reason, you can type in the product name on the website, but you can’t type in a product name for the mobile app. For example, if something has a style name, you can type that on the computer, but on the mobile app, the product name is “Brand Name, Item Style” i.e. “Fergalicious Boots.” On the computer, you can type “Fergalicious Gladice Over the Knee Boots.”
For the most part, this is a great app, but every app has its flaws. There are some features (or lack of features) I don’t like:
- Have to choose one of the Item Styles listed (you can’t type in a new one)
- Pictures have to be a 1:1 ratio
- Can’t choose more than 3 colours at a time for an item
- Can’t choose a more exact ‘date bought’- even if you choose ‘bought today,’ it will show up as ‘bought a month ago’ in a month’s time
In honour of Clueless, I did a Cher-inspired outfit. I took my favourite parts of several outfits and modernized them because Clueless was 20+ years ago and over the knee boots are the new knee high socks.
My outfit: A crew neck sweater over a button up shirt (sweater’s arms folded and shirt’s cuff folded over) and a plaid mini skirt with over the knee boots. Shop the look below by clicking the pictures! I’ve chosen items that are similar since some of the ones I’m wearing are no longer available.
Do you use a closet organizer app on your phone? Which one do you use?