I know it’s still a few months away, but I thought I would do a post on recreating my prom look. It was a number of years ago, so I don’t have the same products I did then, but I decided to do two looks: 1) Recreating the look with makeup I have now and 2) creating a prom look that I would do today (with the makeup knowledge I have today).
Back then, I didn’t know what primer was, I didn’t use foundation, and I didn’t know anything about setting your makeup. So, I recreated the look based on what I would use today if I had done the same look. Instead of using the clamp in my curling iron, I used it like a wand and wrapped my hair around the barrel to create beachy waves instead of the curls I had at prom.
Products Used for Original Look:
Concealer: Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer in Moderately Fair
Eyeliner: Sephora Contour Eye Pencil 12 Hour Wear Waterproof in Electric Blue
Mascara: not sure if I’m even wearing any? Might’ve just curled my lashes. If I am wearing any, it’s probably Maybelline, L’Oréal or a Clinique one I got in one of those bonus bags.
Lips: Vaseline?? possibly lip gloss/balm (that pic was taken at our table, so I might’ve re-applied lip balm by then
I didn’t use foundation before university because I thought it was ‘unnecessary,’ I only learned about the importance of primer in 2014 or something. Don’t remember if I wore any blush. Definitely didn’t wear bronzer or do my eyebrows.
Products Used for Both New Looks:
Primers: Make Up For Ever Step 1 Primers (Smoothing & Colour Correcting)
Foundation: Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation in Y245
Concealer: Milani Retouch + Erase in Light, Coastal Scents Eclipse Palette
Setting Powder: Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder
Contour: Coastal Scents Eclipse Palette (darker shades), Too Faced Chocolate Soleil
Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Paaarty
Highlighter: H&M Spotlight Glow Powder Sheer Coverage Radiant Shimmer in Sumptuous Peach
Brows: NYX Micro Brow Pencil
Mascara: Tarte Gifted Mascara
Lips: Sephora Lip Gloss in 11 Cherry Blossom
Products that were Different:
- Eye Primer: Essence I Love Colour Intensifying Eyeshadow Base
- Eyeliner: Annabelle Kohl Liner in White
- Eyeshadow: Art Deco Eyeshadow in 68 (Pearly Cloud Dancer), Coastal Scents Shadow Pot in Indigo Dream
- Eye Primer: Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer
- Eyeshadow: Coastal Scents Revealed 3 palette (see shades marked below), Art Deco Eyeshadow in 68 (Pearly Cloud Dancer), Too Faced Champagne Truffle for inner eye
- Eyeliner (Tightline, Waterline): Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Demolition
- Lashes: Benefit False Lashes in Prima Donna
- Lipstick: Milani Color Statement Lipstick in 26 Nude Creme
What did you do for your prom? What would you do differently?