Today, I’m going to share some of the makeup and skincare products that I’ve regretted buying over the past couple years. Most of the products were impulsive and ever since writing my post on how I want to streamline my makeup collection (read it here), I’ve done my best to cut down on the impulse buying (especially for the blog).
Bobbi Brown Bobbi On Trend Eyes & Cheek Palette
While it’s a beautiful palette, the eyeshadows don’t wow me. Bobbi Brown isn’t necessarily known for amazing eyeshadows (like Urban Decay). The blushes and bronzer aren’t the right shade for me. The illuminating bronzer is chunky
NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Deauville
While I can’t say 100% if I liked or didn’t like this foundation, I know the shade was a terrible choice that made me look pale as a ghost. Because of the bad shade choice, I think it made me not like the foundation. I didn’t like that it had no pump. If I’m paying that much for a product, I want a pump
Thayers Witch Hazel Toners
Everyone loves this, so I thought I would too. I did like that they had unscented ones and I like that the spout on the lid wasn’t like other toners. Unfortunately, this made my skin breakout even more because of the witch hazel. I tried the Cucumber one and also bought the Unscented one. After using the Cucumber one though, I won’t even try the Unscented because I don’t want another breakout.
L’Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara
I knew it was like a dupe for Too Faced Better Than Sex and I just don’t like that mascara. It dries out too quickly and I don’t like the brush.
View this post on Instagram
My Estee Edit Sephora haul. Since it's been discontinued, Estee Edit product prices have been reduced! Flash Illuminator in 01 Spot Light The Barest Blush in 03 Purr Pink The Barest Lipcolor in 01 Au Naturel The Edgiest Kohl Shadowstick in 03 Guilt (x2) & 04 Twisted #haul #makeuplover #sale #reduced #esteelauder #sephora #makeupaddict #makeuplover #discoverunder5k
The Estee Edit products
I bought 3 different products: a blush, eyeshadow sticks and an illuminator. The shadow sticks are nice, but the blush I got was way too bright and the illuminator was no good.
Formula X Polish The Twenty-Two Limited Edition Set
It was just such a good deal, but I ended up giving away half of the shades and I never liked how skinny and round the brushes are; I prefer fat, flat ones.
I also regret buying the majority of products during the MAC Warehouse Sale when I first went. At least the products I bought weren’t full price or it would be quite painful. I did my best to use up the products (even when I didn’t like them). Most of the products I purchased were the wrong shade, but it was a good way for me to find out if I like the formulas/applicators. I bought a lot of lipsticks because they were only $7.50 and at the time, the shades looked good. Most of the lip products I bought were way too coral/pink for me.
- Estee Lauder Pink Perfection Kit for Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign
- The blush is too pink and it’s shimmery
- The eyeshadow shades are nice, but they didn’t have a nice transition matte in the quad
- The lipstick- love the formula, not a good shade for me
- GLAMGLOW THIRSTYCLEANSE Daily Hydrating Cleanser
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Makeup To Go Liquid Compact in 1N2 Ecru
- this one was accidental. I picked it up to look at it and I must’ve thrown it into my shopping bag when I was deciding and forgot about it.
- MAC Lip Glass
- I bought three different types of lip glosses by MAC and I didn’t like the doefoot applicator on this particular one. I do like the applicators on the Mineralize Glass and the Cremesheen glasses.
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Hi-Lustre Light Sculpting Lipstick
- While I regret buying the shades I got, I did like the formula of the Estee Lauder lipsticks
- MAC Huggable Lipcolours
- These are similar to the Benefit Lip Balms. I liked the formula of the lip balm, but did not like the shades I chose
- MAC x Helmut Netwon Point ‘n’ Shoot
- I was so mad that I bought one of these because it ended up being in the $20 charity bag (and you get two of them)
- I didn’t like the shades, they were too cool for me
- Mac x Star Trek Luna Luster Trip the Light Fantastic Powder
- This was a bit chunky for my liking.
- Smashbox Photo Filter Powder Foundation
- I can’t even say whether I liked the formula of this powder because the shade I bought was too light. I can’t give it a fair review unless I bought the correct shade
- The powder did feel very smooth though
I’ve come to the realization that I don’t like palettes that have everything, i.e. blush, eyeshadows, bronzers, highlighters. Especially if the bronzer or blush is matte and then you get the shimmer from the highlighter on the matte blush/bronzer.
What products have you regretted buying?